HostGator Web Hosting Help
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install WordPress to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use Marketplace to install WordPress to the root of your site or to a subdirectory.
Installing WordPress with MarketplaceLegacy
- Log in to your HostGator cPanel account.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to. In the directory field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as 'blog' or leave it blank if you want the site's main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click "advanced options" and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
- Log in to your HostGator account.
- Click on the Marketplace tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Choose Add Website from the drop-down menu.
- You will be prompted to create a new WordPress site; enter a Site Name and Tagline, then click the Next button.
- Choose the domain you would like WordPress installed to from the Domain drop-down. If you would like your WordPress installation to exist in a subdirectory (ie., example.com/blog), enter your preferred folder in the Directory field.
- Toggle suggested plugins on/off, then click the Next button.
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign for one at HostGator.sg.
Getting Started Article 985,167 views bookmark
sharetags: blog install scripts simple wordpress
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to install a program using MOJO Marketplace.
The HostGator Marketplace helps you browse, purchase, install, and manage WordPress themes, plugins, and add-ons directly from your HostGator.sg dashboard. Choose from over 900 premium WordPress themes, dozens of WooCommerce eCommerce plugins and add-ons, and even professional ser
Knowledgebase Article 72,776 views tags: Marketplace install marketing plugins purchase setup themes wordpress
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
Related Help Content
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available.
Knowledgebase Article 971,308 views tags: blog buildersonline website wordpress
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
The first step in the process requires a WordPress theme, preferably one that includes a one-click demo import. Any of the HostGator Certified Themes on HostGator should come with this feature.
Knowledgebase Article 68,346 views tags: MOJO Marketplace demo install press setup theme word wordpress
How to install an application using MOJO Marketplace
Getting Started Article 232,624 views tags: remove scripts simple simplescripts uninstall
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on WordPress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with hostgator_sg. Login to the WordPress Data
How to keep all of your applications installed using the Mojo Marketplace.
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for